Monday, April 30, 2007

Indian Trail Steps geocache finally found


The geocache has been finally found. Pretty stunning that three independent geocachers converged to it at the same time last friday, two weeks after it was published. Here are the logs of all three that went to it:

--

Jigsaw07 found Indian Trail Steps (Traditional Cache) at 4/27/2007

Log Date: 4/27/2007
Decided to try this one after work today. Rode down to the parking spot
and as I started to walk towards the starting point I ran into JimBat
and Mooman56. We all shared some info and made our way down to the first
or was it the second or maybe the third marker?? Not really sure but we
did find some of the old posts. This is a very interesting area that I
never would have thought was here. Continued down towards the cache and
came upon the slide. Hike up a little way and my fellow cachers snapped
some pics. Made our way to ground zero and spotted the cache one by
one. After we all found it I grabbed it from its spot and Wooooooooo
Whooooooooooooo.... OUCH. I hurt myself again. FTF, Yeah me. We all signed
the logbook and I rehid the cache.

Great cache glad I made it down there.
Took FTF Coin
Left Dollar Coin
TFTC I really enjoyed


jimbat found Indian Trail Steps (Traditional Cache) at 4/27/2007

Log Date: 4/27/2007
JimBat found it. When I first started geocaching Mooman56 said check
out this guy's profile picture and it was Sherpes and I thought what a
fruit cake. Over time though I read more about the Hash House Harriers and
the profile picture made sense. FYI I plan on wearing that red dress
soon but I will not be using it as my profile Pic. Anyway I was sitting
on top entering the coordinates for the posts and Moons Passage when
first Mooman56 showed up then Jigsaw07. They did not have these
coordinates so I shared these with them before we started our journey. Alot of
good that was as we some how managed to skip the first 3 post before
finally finding the fourth set after climbing down a steep rocky cliff.
From here I was thinking how bad can that landslide be and wanted to
continue on but decided to head down and go through Moons Passage like the
cache page recommended. The moons passage was probably the hardest part
of the hike but Im glad we went this way cause after making our wa
y through it we came upon the landslide area. From here we continued
on and found the cache only to find out we were the FTFs. How could this
be. Where were all the FTF chasers for this one. The BubbaBuddhaCops
ETC. I guess the 4 star terrain was a little too much for them. Also
while signing the log Im pretty sure we saw the woodland creature that
sprayed ddell99 and I got a picture of it and its in the gallery. I really
liked this cache esp. the picture of what the steps used to look like
and the info on the cache page. Good Job. Took nothing and left a
geocoin and steeler pin. TFTC

---
Mooman56 found Indian Trail Steps (Traditional Cache) at 4/27/2007

Log Date: 4/27/2007
Well, instead of doing all the stuff around the house that needed done
before work today, I decided to go cachin'!!!

I had read about this cache right after it was published and thought, I
gotta go do this one!!! Love the history behind it, love the pics on
the cache page, and who hasn't always wanted to climb down over that
hill???

So, I get to the parking area, and I hear someone holler at me. It was
Jigsaw07! Can't believe I ran into someone that I work with, who also
lives 50+ miles away! Crazy.

As we were walking over toward the cache, we see someone sitting in the
grass, punchin' numbers into a GPS! Low and behold, it was JimBat
sitting on the grassy knoll!!!

Now, I really can't believe I ran into someone else that I work with,
who also lives 50+ miles away! Hard to believe, isn't it?

So, Jigsaw and I walk over to JimBat, or wait, was it JimBat and I who
walked over to Jigsaw, anyway we all compare notes once again, and,
imagine that, we all had the same numbers!

So we found the micro at the top, sign in and all that jazz, then it
was time to head over the hill! Oh yeah, this was cool. We had all the
coordinates for the old posts in our GPSr's but somehow we still
managed to miss some of them, but we also found some of them! Cool!

Well, it's no secret that it's been raining pretty much for the last
month and a half, so needless to say, there were a few slick spots on the
way down. I only really slipped once, but I thought I was going
straight to the bottom! Luckily I was able to use a small tree to stop my
slide and all was good. Later, it sure had the people on the incline and
atop Mt. Washington looking at me funny, being all muddy and all! If
they only understood geocaching...

This was an awesome hike on the hillside, we went through Moon's
Passage, very neat! We made our way around the landslide, and before you
knew it, we were at ground zero!

Jigsaw spotted the likely hiding spot first, then me, then JimBat, only
because that was the order we walked up to it in. We gave Jigsaw the
honor of pulling it from it's hiding spot, so he was the lucky one to
get the FTF coin.
WoooooHooooo! I think he hurt himself amid his frenzied celebration.
I guess we'll all claim CO-FTF's, can we do that?

Anyway, we all signed the coveted FTF spot (on the back of the front
cover of the logbook), hey, Jigsaw started writing there first! We all
laughed as we thumbed back to the blank, lined pages that you are
actually supposed to write on! Oh, well!

I dropped off a YJTB, so maybe that will be incentive enough to get
some other cachers to do this cache.

All in all we had a great time on this one! It's a great cache, nice
job, sherpes!

We went on to ride the incline and walk along Grandview, even though we
were a little muddy! We rode up the incline with a very nice lady
named Pat, who I believe works in the shop at the top. She got a kick out
of what we were doing!

Also met, the VP of the incline, who took quite an interest in the
trail of the steps and what was left. He gave me his email address so I
could send him some of the pics that we took. He has several old pics of
the steps in his office and said he may display a few of our pics of
the old post that are left. Nice guy.

Man, this was a great cachin' day! Thanks, again, sherpes for showing
this to us!

Only bad thing that happened, Jigsaw had a blow-out on the way home.
Luckily, I was there to take pictures, er, I mean, help change the tire,
hehe!

Anyway we changed the tire and I still made it to work on time, so all
was good.

We saw a lot and learned alot, but most importantly, WE HAD FUN!


Visit this log entry at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=e32b55c5-2a57-409b-9ec8-643ed1adf64a

Visit Indian Trail Steps
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=05aceff8-e6a6-4fb0-9594-184b7d96cf70

Profile for Mooman56:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=a106349c-d829-471e-97ee-d9dca1acc1ae

No comments: