Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The disastrous attempt in finding control 42


At the night orienteering meet last saturday, spent a good 20 minutes looking for a control, but turned out that I was completely off the map.

What confused me was a house light (A) and I believed the house to be the one just West of control 42 (B). Seeing the edge of the clearing that lead to the house A re-enforced my belief that I was in the right location, but was somewhat puzzled by the fact that the clearing edge was not a straight line but curvy.

I then proceeded in what now seems direction NE and after climbing a hill, found a large clearing bounded by a straight line of trees (green arrow pointing to NW). Ran the entire line of the edge... (what a fool...).

Then, really gave up... (finally...)

Got to the paved road, went West, and seeing houses and driveways, I slowly came to the realization I went completely out of the map.

No comments: